Let's go to Shivanasamudra waterfalls on this weekend - Sunday and enjoy the scenic beauty of greenery route.
The Shivanasamudra Falls is on the Kaveri River after the river has wound its way through the rocks and ravines of the Deccan Plateau and drops off to form waterfalls. The island town of Shivanasamudra divides the river into twin waterfalls. This creates the fourth largest island in the rivers course. A group of ancient temples are located here and there likely was a village. Gaganachukki & Bharachukki are two waterfalls which are seen from split of kaveri river water. The western branch results in the twin waterfalls of Gaganachukki, whereas the eastern branch results in the Bharachukki falls. The Gaganachukki waterfalls are best viewed from the Shivanasamudra watch tower.
Terrain: Highway & Village Roads
Nearest Town: Kanakapura
Event Dates: 16 Aug, 2015
Duration of the event: One Day
Grade: EASY/MODERATE/HIGH: Easy
Total distance: 300 Kms (To & Fro)
Transportation: Bikes (Min 150cc)
Team size: 15
Food (if need to carry): Hotel
Approx. Expenses: Rs 180 (Excluding Petrol)
Who can join this trek: Anyone who can ride
Points To Read:-
1. Dont expect good roads in the journey as we travel in highway, village roads.
2. Max speed allowed is 80kms/hr only. Bikes CC should be min 150cc.
3. Pillions will be assigned only if Bikers are ready to take
4. Biker & Pillion must & should wear Helmet. If we see anyone without helmet, will be sent back home from meeting point.
5. If you have riding gear, we recommend to use it.
6. We will have food at roadside hotels only.
7. Barachukki waterfalls: We may / may not be allowed to get in water depending on water flow.
8. Gaganchukki waterfalls: We need to see the falls from view point. Water depends on the rain in that area.
9. Hopefully enough water is there. Be ready for any change in plan. If you are fine with all these, you can enroll to the event.
10. Last minute dropouts will be banned for 3 months as per policy.
"Stayed at the amazing Jungle Wood Resort in Coorg, literally in the middle of a Jungle. The house is a 200 year old house managed by a family who has been running this for years. The silence, peace and 'no phone service' makes you feel so connected to the nature. Highly recommended if you just wanna run away! Huge shoutout to @townista. This was my first #TownistaTrip. Brilliantly arranged and such a hassle free experience. Much recommended if you are planning your next trip."
"It really saved me time and effort. Had amazing time with my friends. Much needed break."
"Loved Townista package. Everything was perfectly arranged. Felt personal."