Jumma Masjid is among the oldest mosques in Bangalore. The mosque was previously known as Sangian Jamia Masjid. The prayer hall within the premises is set on an elevated ground, supported by magnificent granite pillars. This religious monument is thronged by tourists, especially during the festive season. During the festive seasons, minars as well as the entire edifice of the mosque is beautifully decorated with lights and flowers.
According to historians, the mosque was established around 1790 by Mughal Killedar. The religious monument is popular for its facade, embellished with elaborate Jali work and floral motifs. The Masjid also comprises twin ornamented minarets that end in spherical domes.
The mosque pays tribute to Tipu Sultan on his death anniversary by hosting special prayers. Situated in K.R. Market, one of the busiest markets of the city, the mosque can be visited by tourists throughout the year.
Dispensary Road, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India