Here is one more gateway for the upcoming extended weekend to all you BCG riders. Pass on to Non-BCG riders as well. We are heading to the City of Mysore.
Route Map: BLR > KANAKPURA > MALAVALLI > MYSORE || AND || MYSORE > RAMNAGAR > BLR
Elevation chart to the city of Mysore: http://tinyurl.com/m4d7vr2
According to elevation, the route can be divided into following sections-
1. Bangalore - Harohalli : Mostly Downhill, easy and fast
2. Harohalli - Kanakapura : Rolling terrain Not as easy as the previous section but not very diffcult either , a bit of rolling. 18 km distance
3. Kanakapura - Sathanur : Rolling terrain This section can feel a little difficult but the scenery makes up for it. Vast expanse of beautiful open terrain
4. Sathanur – Halguru – Malavalli : Downhill Not downhill as you are tumbling down a mountain, but a gentle downhill throughout , minimal pedalling effort , you are chatting with your riding mates ,and boom you are in Malavalli
5. Malavalli – Bannur : 20km of almost flat terrain . And a canopy throughout.
6. Bannur – Mysore : Uphill But you are nearly there now, and it is not steep uphill, but steady relentless uphill needing you to pedal constantly.
Bangalore Metro, MG Road
MG Rd, FM Cariappa Colony, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India