Brief Encounter provides a forum for writers, storytellers and readers to have discussions and dialogue on the art of the short story. Its format includes conversations with published authors, story telling performances by professionals, and readings by budding writers. This program is ideal for all short story writers, budding or amateur.
This month we are having a short story writing competition on the theme of humor.
A few guidelines for the competition:
1. A person can submit only 1 entry.
2. The word limit is 1000 words.
3. Stories need to be submitted by March 25th Latest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The entries should not have been published in any journal in print or online, but blog postings are acceptable. 5 best entries will be shortlisted, authors intimated in advance and announcement of top 2 made at the event. These two will be invited to read out.
4. The winner will be announced on the day of the event.
We will be announcing Our Guests of Honor shortly.
The event is hosted by Madhavi Mahadevan.
Madhavi Mahadevan is a fiction writer based in Bangalore. She has published two collections of short stories for adults and two books for children. In past avatars she has been a book seller, an editor with several publishing houses, written copy for advertising agencies, contributed stories to children’s magazines and articles on food history and travel to newspapers and travel magazines. She has also conducted workshops on travel writing as well as writing the short story.
134, 1st A Main Road KHB Colony, 5th Block Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095, India