If you want a taste of wildlife photography, a trip to Bannerghatta National Park is what you need. Housing a zone of biological reserve, the park is full of rich flora and fauna. A hotspot for elephants, leopards, wild boars, Bengal tigers, lions and white tigers, you can capture their movements in the natural habitat. Catch a herd of spotted deer enjoying their leisurely walk, the ‘king’ of the jungle staring directly at you while on a safari or a butterfly trail established over a 5-acre garden. Photowalk through the national park will definitely be a memorable experience.
What To Look Out For: Ancient temples and rural villages within the national park, adding more subject matters for the photographers
Ideal Timings: 9:30 am – 5 pm (Tuesdays closed)
Tariffs For Entry:
- Zoo – Adults Rs 80; Children Rs 40; Senior Citizens Rs 50
- Butterfly Park - Adults Rs 30; Children Rs 20; Senior Citizens Rs 20
- Grand Safari - Adults Rs 260; Children Rs 130; Senior Citizens Rs 150
- Foreigners - Adults Rs 400; Children Rs 300
- Jeep Safari - 4 Seater Non-AC Jeep - Rs. 2500; 6 Seater Non-AC Jeep - Rs. 3000; 6 Seater AC Jeep - Rs. 3500; 8 Seater Non AC Jeep - Rs. 4000
- Car Safari - Xylo Car - Rs. 4000; Innova AC Car - Rs. 5000
- Boating (30 minutes) – Rs 60/- per head/trip; Rs 300/- for full boat hire/trip (Max. 4 members)
Bannerghatta National Park
Bannerghatta, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560083, India
"Stayed at the amazing Jungle Wood Resort in Coorg, literally in the middle of a Jungle. The house is a 200 year old house managed by a family who has been running this for years. The silence, peace and 'no phone service' makes you feel so connected to the nature. Highly recommended if you just wanna run away! Huge shoutout to @townista. This was my first #TownistaTrip. Brilliantly arranged and such a hassle free experience. Much recommended if you are planning your next trip."
"It really saved me time and effort. Had amazing time with my friends. Much needed break."
"Loved Townista package. Everything was perfectly arranged. Felt personal."